Wednesday, December 8, 2010

J. Edgar — Biopic of J. Edgar Hoover's Life with Leo DiCaprio

Oh. My. Gosh. Back in high school, when I was forced to care about U.S. history, I was always fascinated with J. Edgar Hoover. He was the first director of the FBI and one of the most powerful men in the world between 1935 and 1972. Now, take that influential man and turn him into a character played by Leonardo DiCaprio. Set to be released in 2012, J. Edgar (originally titled Hoover) is a biopic focusing on his scandalous career and controversial private life as a homosexual and rumored cross dresser. Clint Eastwood will direct from a script by Milk Oscar winner Dustin Lance Black.

It has just been announced that Armie Hammer (who was the face of both of the Winklevoss twins in The Social Network) is in talks to star in the film, playing Clyde Tolson (Hoover's supposed lover). I don't want to show appear homophobic, but...it's Leo. I mean, I've been in love with him since age 7. He can't do this to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment