Friday, January 14, 2011

BSOW: Monkeys, Warriors & Eye Candy

 

You've met today's Best Scoop of the Week once before during my Raising Awareness Week last Fall. She gave us a gorgeous post on Holland. This lady really rocks my socks off. I met her first through another website, as we were pregnant with our youngest sons together. Hers arrived first, a bit earlier than expected.

She is an incredibly super mom (and Supermom), caring for the special needs of 3 of her 4 sons, advocating for them for their rights to learn and receive an appropriate education, that meets their needs, no matter how different they may be. This is one tough lady I'd want in my corner (and she has been!).

In addition to playing mommy to 4 boys, 2 of which are twins, she just graduated from college with her masters in special education. Did I tell you this lady rocks?

She talks about how very special her youngest is. She's shared with her readers how embarrassing little boys can be. She's got elephants in addition to her monkeys. She's even flown to Amsterdam International and discovered the beauty of Holland. She's even got a special needs support blog she calls Parent Warriors.

I am honored to share my ice cream with Missy from 4 Little Monkeys today.


BWS tips button


And do you know Missy even brought us a treat....or three?

When the Drama Mama asked me to write about my first celebrity crush I had to think really hard. Everyone who knows me knows that right now I have a HUGE celebrity crush on Alexander Skarsgard. Just look at him and you’ll know why!

                                  
My tastes have evolved over the years, though. Drama Mama asked me to write about my first celebrity crush so let’s go back, way back to my 13th year. You have to picture me as an awkward teenager with a bad haircut, tall and skinny, braces…exactly what most of us looked like at 13. When most girls my age were debating the finer qualities of New Kids on the Block members I was debating things with my father like who was the better baseball team, who was the better pitcher in Major League Baseball. I happen to have been a tomboy at the time and had no thought of boys.

I was what you refer to as a late bloomer that was until one day when my dad took me out of school early for a special “daddy daughter day”. We had those often where we’d go to the mall, out to eat, or watch a sporting event. When my dad pulled into a car dealership I became confused until we walked in and I saw this guy standing there.


We got his rookie baseball card autographed, a baseball autographed, and I got a picture with him. For the life of me I have no clue where that picture would be now. I had been collecting baseball cards for about a year at this point so I was thrilled. Thus started my decade-long obsession with Mike Mussina. I even accepted my first job after college in Maryland hoping to see him play (and make him Mrs. TiredMom). After he moved to the Yankees I ended up switching my celebrity crush to another fine gentlemen. He was a lady’s man and even played one in the movies, Sean Connery. When my husband and I were dating, he tried to woo me with the voice. It’s all in the voice with Mr. 007. Sadly for my husband, it didn’t work.


Who was your first celebrity crush?

Happy Friday, y'all. Enjoy the eyecandy. See ya Monday with a special GIVEAWAY!!



Are you looking for my Red Writing Entry? Click My Write Side.

No comments:

Post a Comment