Thursday, July 28, 2011

'Sex and the City' Prequel Rumors...Lively Involved


Ok, so I've been against this idea from the start, but if it has to happen, I'm ok with this rumored cast. According to the Daily Mail, Elizabeth Olsen (sister to Mary Kate and Ashley) will play the young Carrie Bradshaw, Blake Lively will play Samantha Jones (after denying rumors about playing Carrie), Selena Gomez will play Charlotte York and Emma Roberts will play Miranda Hobbs.

This line up intrigues me enough to go see the film. It's supposed to follow Bradshaw when she first moves to the city and is loosely based off of the novel The Carrie Diaries. Olsen is more of what I envisioned as a young Bradshaw, though I've never seen her act. Hopefully, she'll have the same sass and quick wit Sarah Jessica Parker brought to the role. Selena Gomez looks a little more tan than I pictured the young, porcelain-skinned Charlotte, but she's stylish and likeable so I have no problem. It's hard to imagine Miranda Hobbs as being young, but Roberts might be able to pull it off. I liked her performance in It's Kind of a Funny Story and I think she's working hard to get out of the Nickelodeon hype. So we'll see if the British tabloid is accurate. No official statements have been made about the film yet, but with so many rumors, one of them might just be true.

What do you think? Is this a strong cast?

No comments:

Post a Comment