Sunday, July 17, 2011

New 'Gimme Shelter' Film is 'Crazy Sauce' According to Vanessa Anne Hudgens

Just because makeup artists have talent, doesn't mean that certain actresses do. Though new pictures have been released of Vanessa Anne Hudgens (actually wearing pants!) looking pretty homeless, that doesn't mean that she won't still have her same acting skills — you know, the ones we've experienced in Beastly, Sucker Punch and Bandslam.

Originally I was willing to overlook the negative because the High School Musical films were a guilty pleasure of mine, but it's getting to be a bit ridiculous. Her latest film, Gimme Shelter, is about a teenage girl who gets pregnant and takes to the streets when kicked out by her family. It also stars Rosario Dawson and Brendan Frasier and is supposed to be a gripping story about homeless teenagers. It's unfortunate that a story that could make a big impact stars an actress that few take seriously.

And why should anyone take her seriously? On July 11 Hudgen's Facebook post read:
"Hey guys, what's happenin? I have been so stupidly busy working on Gimme Shelter. I'm so excited and proud of the work I've been doing and let me tell you, you all are going to be SHOCKED with how I look in this movie. It's crazy sauce. Lol only one more week of shooting till I'm done! Xx V"
Now that's the acting genius I'd like to work on a film about homeless teenagers. Oh well, I think you can pick up on my feelings about this one. What do you guys think? The film comes out in 2012 will you go see it?

No comments:

Post a Comment