Thursday, July 28, 2011

New 'Red State' Trailer Has Tarantino Feel

After seeing some more disturbing trailers that made this film seem like a controversial horror flick, I was surprised by the feel of this one. It felt more like a twisted Tarantino film (so technically a regular Tarantino film) complete with torture, violence, blood and crazies. Then, ironically, there was a quote from Tarantino saying "I f***ing love this movie!" in the trailer itself. I find Tarantino's style much more appealing than today's horror films so I'm excited for this movie to come out. I'm sure there will be plenty of people offended by its content, which probably means it will be a pretty good film (though there are some exceptions to that rule -- note The Killer Inside Me). I was also excited to see Oscar winner Melissa Leo in one of her many appearance-altering roles. She did such a great job in The Fighter and I can't wait to see what she does as a creepy extremist. It's set to come out Oct. 19. Will you go see it?

No comments:

Post a Comment