Monday, July 4, 2011

Pride Toronto 2011

 To all my LGBTTIQQ2SA readers;
1. I love, love you
2. Damn you know how to throw a party!

For those in the know, last week was Pride week and Sunday marked the Annual Pride Parade in Toronto which is a huge attraction to the city. The almost certainly homophobic Mayor of Toronto Rob Ford was not in attendance, but I most certainly was, marching in the parade and pumping up the crowds with the University of Waterloo contingent. It was a surreal people-watching experience, the crowds were massive and I haven't seen that many people gathered in one place since I saw an American college football game. Overall, there was such an atmosphere of acceptance, self-love and general positive vibes that it more than sucks to recognize that there are folks who still suffer as victims of hate crimes just because of their sexuality. One might criticize Pride for its mainstream co-optation of underground gay culture, but all in all I was just happy to be there.
 Massive crowds
Where is Rob Ford?

 Eatin' an apple in Allan Gardens
 Check my Bikini Kill lyrics flag: "I believe in the radical possibilities of pleasure, babe."
 Deua and Marlon takin' it in on Church St.
Post-parade, pre-sunstroke relaxation times

SUPER DUPER PRIDE FASHION INSPIRATION
 Elton John, is dat u?
 Their matching Willy Wonka-esque coupledom was so cute!! The boots killed me.
The  shoe game here is unreal!!

No comments:

Post a Comment