Thursday, July 7, 2011

Baby was a black sheep.

 The breezy simplicity of crop tops paired with blue jeans has come to define my summer uniform as of late. It's too hot to put exacting thought into what I wear but the simple combination always seems to work. This outfit puts a certain kind of swagger in my step, I feel super confident and on top of the world in my lace crop top, ripped Levis and vintage brogues.

Just a thought: are high-waisted jeans still considered a 'trend'? I ditched my low-riders years ago, because they reminded me of the glitter bell-bottom flares of my adolescence. I think there's about one pair of low-waisted pants remaining in my wardrobe and I never wear them anymore because they feel weird.
I'm currently engrossed in the book Just Kids by Patti Smith. It was suggested to me by my best friend, and is hands down the best book I've read all year. It's beautifully written and it reads like a novel, except that it's real life! Patti was my absolute favourite back when I was in high school and her life stories are compelling, fascinating and inspiring. Total recommended reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment