Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Daniel Radcliffe Admits Drinking Problem Due to Harry Potter Fame

Poor Harry. Actor Daniel Radcliffe (who is turning 22 this month) admitted in a recent interview to have a reliance on alcohol while filming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince in 2009. While the legal age in Europe is 18, Radcliffe says that he had a problem.

“I became so reliant on [alcohol] to enjoy stuff,” he said. "There were a few years there when I was just so enamoured with the idea of living some sort of famous person's lifestyle that really isn't suited to me."

Radcliffe has since stopped drinking for close to a year and has worked hard to change his lifestyle.

“As much as I would love to be a person that goes to parties and has a couple of drinks and has a nice time, that doesn't work for me. I do that very unsuccessfully.”

The actor is currently starring in the Broadway musical How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying and preparing for the eighth Harry Potter film to premiere.

I'm proud of him for acknowledging the problem and fixing it. Can't wait for the last film. July 15th. It all ends.

Click HERE for my thoughts on Daniel's Broadway show.

Click HERE for pictures from Daniel's Broadway show.

Click HERE for a sample of Daniel's singing.

No comments:

Post a Comment