Monday, August 1, 2011

Guest Blog: On Writer's Block

Bella is back from the trenches of {If This Is} Motherhood today. Her prompt was "liberty" and here is her response:



If This Is Motherhood....




On Writer's Block...

If you’ve ever had writer’s block then you understand just how frustrating it is.  I’ve been suffering with it big time! So when The Drama Mama asked me to guest post, I was thrilled!  I thought to myself “What a great way to get my MoJo back!”  Not.  I sat down, grabbed a cup of coffee and nothing came.

As I write this, I am 3 days late on the deadline and I’m honestly not even sure she will be able to publish this.  But I’m sure as hell going to try.

It isn’t as if I have nothing to write about.  Oh, the boys give me plenty.  There was a time not so long ago when my blog was becoming quite popular before I dropped of the face of the earth and used the cowardly excuse of being overwhelmed at home when well-meaning bloggers sent emails asking about my sudden absence.

Life with boys is never boring.  The Gremlin is an evil genius.  But his genius will likely go unnoticed in the rock star world he is determined to be a part of.  The Professor is a budding paleontologist with a fall back career of a lawyer.  They give me plenty of writing inspiration and they are the star of both my blog and my heart.  I hope that if you visit me, you’ll see just how much my personal sun rises and sets with the two people who mostly drive me nuts, but sometimes surprise even me with their wit, charm and intelligence.

I wish I could guest post something spectacular that would be shared and tweeted and liked a million times.  I wish I’d sign on tomorrow and find a screaming plethora of fans on my blog.  But the truth is, this post is me desperately trying to overcome writer’s block by doing what everyone keeps telling me to do. Writing.


I’m making a come back.  No seriously, I am.  I am going to blog more often even if I feel like there is nothing to say because blogging makes me feel good.  I love to write.  And despite the fact that I am severely handicapped with writer’s block right now, and seriously hating summer vacation because it’s just too long and we’re all bored out of our skulls at this point, I love to write and my blog matters to me.

I haven’t posted in a while, but The Drama Mama has a few of my favorites.  I hope you’ll enjoy my past writes and visit me again for more. I make a public promise here to blog more often even if I’m still struggling with this block! You all can help me out by commenting, because I do love comments!

Thanks for featuring me DM! I’m sorry I couldn’t come up with something brilliant.  I’m sure I will in the future, but I’m not at liberty to discuss that right now.

You know, she did get the "liberty" in there at the end. Haha. I hope you enjoyed, and leave her lots of comment love so she is inspired. 

I'm at the beach, hope you are having a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment