Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Mother Nature's Son

This entire outfit was thrifted in the magnificent secondhand stores of Belleville, Ont. for a mere $13. People way underestimate the quality of thrifted goods in crappy, small towns - it's always better than you think! I like how the skirt actually looks like it was made out of a curtain. The weird length and uneven hem on this thing is golden!!!

I also thrifted an amazing new pair of witch boots for Fall, which is great since my last pair pinched my toes a little too enthusiastically. The grand total? $2.50.

Do you guys remember that silly little video of me awkwardly describing my life's ambition to create a fashion magazine that encourages free thinking rather than conspicuous consumption? A magazine that treats women intelligent women with love and respect while challenging the conventions of the "fashion" industry?
It appears I am a finalist in the contest so if you think that might be a magazine you would be interested in reading, please click here to vote for me!! The voting period lasts until September 16th and you can vote once every day, so please exercise your democratic capabilities and vote for me (or whoever you think has the best idea). I love you all!


No comments:

Post a Comment