Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Hilary Swank Filming 'New Year's Eve' and Daniel Radcliffe on Broadway!

For the past three days I've been at a journalism convention in New York City. In my three days there, it became increasingly apparent that to cover entertainment, I need to be living there. End of story. Example one: right outside my hotel room they were filming the sort-of-Valentine's-Day-sequel New Year's Eve. This is one of those not-so-good movies with a million stars in it. Yesterday, I saw them filming Hilary Swank! Unfortunately, Sarah Jessica Parker (who is supposed to be in the movie) didn't make an appearance. They re-dropped the ball and everything! So I celebrated New Year's Eve in March. The film is supposed to come out on December 9th and stars tons of celebrities including: Zac Efron, Hilary Swank, SJP, Robert De Niro, Ashton Kutcher, Katherine Heigl, Lea Michele, Jessica Biel, John Stamos and Halle Berry.

Example two: That same day I stood out in line for two hours and got $30 tickets to see Daniel Radcliffe and John Larroquette in How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying. The show was fantastic! Radcliffe did an excellent job playing a young American rising the corporate ladder. He was funny and excellent at singing and dancing as well. Right as they began taking their final bows, I sprinted outside to wait by the stage door to meet Radcliffe. Unfortunately, the rest of the theatre seemed to have my same idea. We all stood crammed next to each other hoping for an autograph and a picture. Well my friends, I'm here to tell you, I sacrificed the autograph for a bunch of pictures. I should have "gently moved" that old lady over so he could have signed my overpriced poster. I realized this a second too late. With hundreds of screaming fans blocking my access to a signature, I had to turn back in defeat. This humiliation will NOT happen again. I plan on returning this summer and getting that autograph I justly deserve. That's all for now. What do you think of my visit to the Big Apple?

No comments:

Post a Comment