Monday, March 14, 2011

The Model

As subtle as they are, I based today's outfit around the frill ankle socks I am wearing on my feet. But I didn't want to look like I got lost in Candyland (aka Katy Perry's awful video for California Gurls, pardon the repulsive intentional misspelling) so I wore it with my goth jams sequin ribcage dress. Rodarte for Target has got me covered in the 'weird' department, I can clarify that.
I've been obsessively listening to Big Black for the past little while. Steve Albini has done the sound engineering for some of my favourite bands ever (Pixies, Nirvana, PJ Harvey) so its kind of shocking that I hadn't really heard his music before. I like my music to have the intensity of a noise apocalypse and Big Black's drum-machine hardcore sound certainly delivers. Plus, there is no better album title on Earth than 'Songs About Fucking'.

No comments:

Post a Comment