Thursday, March 31, 2011

Cities in Dust


This is what I mean by my new Spring style direction: "Lolita Goes to Church". The pink shirt and striped miniskirt are both really cute and feminine, but also kinda wrinkly which suggests everything is not as it initially seems. The dark hidden reality underneath a candy shell exterior, CAN YOU HANDLE IT? Wow, I really need to translate that into a theme song.
Anyways, some of you may have seen this already but I wrote an article for Shameless Magazine entitled "Batman, Pass Me My Man Repellent Spray!" It's my take on the inherent internalized misogyny of constantly referring to your clothing in the context of male sexual attraction. I'm not trying to be a "hater", just providing a critical analysis of some inherent feminist problems with the blog. Also, its kind of funny so go read it now!

No comments:

Post a Comment