Friday, July 8, 2011

'Zombieland 2' Potentially in the Works

Let's take a quick...and I do mean quick...break from this Pottermania and talk about what else is going on in the film industry. One of Jesse Eisenberg's first major films was Zombieland in 2009. After playing the trigger-happy zombie killer with an intense clown phobia (I'm right there with ya pal), Eisenberg went on to win multiple awards and even receive an Oscar nomination for his work in The Social Network.

Now there's talk of bringing back Eisenberg, director Ruben Fleischer and the rest of the gang for a Zombieland 2. Though Eisenberg is willing, he seems to think it's a long time coming.

"They’re writing the script right now but I haven’t seen it and I suspect the longer we wait, the less relevant it will be," he said. "All the actors would love to do it and the director would love to do it, but I’m not sure what’s happening.”

Though I'm slightly embarrassed to admit it, the first movie, which was intended to be a comedy, scared me to death. You should also know that the first Lord of the Rings movie found me cowering under a blanket so the fact that Zombieland scared me shouldn't come as a shock. However, I'm willing to put my fear aside for a second one because I think that Eisenberg and Emma Stone are two of the best actors around these days.

What about you? Are you interested in a second Zombieland?

No comments:

Post a Comment