Monday, July 11, 2011

Three Days Left: An Ode to My Favorite Harry Potter Film

Though it was one of my least favorite books, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix is, in my opinion, the current best Harry Potter film. Now that could all change come Friday morning, but as of right now I stand by my statement. It stayed close enough to the book that the Potterheads wouldn't get too upset and it also offered some flair of its own. It was our first look into David Yates as a director and he did not disappoint (though his next film was my least favorite of the entire series). And most importantly, it introduced my favorite character, Bellatrix Lestrange. Though she was only in the film for a few minutes, I've been obsessed with her evil, sadistic, psychopathic tendencies ever since Helena Bonham Carter was first shown on screen. So thank you Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. Want to tell me what your favorite Potter film is? Vote in the poll on the right. Results will be posted before midnight on July 14th.



No comments:

Post a Comment