Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Wordful Wednesday: Just Go with It





Just Go with It
Starring: Adam Sandler, Jennifer Aniston, Brooklyn Decker, Nicole Kidman, Dave Matthews, Bailee Madison, and Griffin Gluck with appearances from many of his usual crew

Every review I have read about this movie has been negative. It's not funny. The jokes fall flat. Aniston saves the movie. The screenplay is shabby. Sandler is too old and not the kind of guy a young girl would date. Decker and Sandler have no chemistry.

Despite all the horrible reviews, GC and I went to see this last night. And let me tell you! We laughed out loud throughout the whole movie. We are both huge Sandler fans and were not disappointed at all. And take it from me, as a deaf girl, any movie that can make me laugh in the theater is a funny movie, since I don't hear most of what is being said anyway. The kids in the movie make it especially funny, especially the boy, Griffin Gluck. He does the perfect pout to take the most advantage of Danny, Sandler's character, and even manages to convince him to take them all to Hawaii so he can swim with the dolphins.

Sandler's character starts off as someone you wouldn't like; a player using his wedding ring to pick up chicks. He's only honest with one woman, his assistant, Jennifer Aniston. The lies weaved throughout this story by both Aniston and Sandler keep the hilarity going. I especially enjoyed seeing this light funny side of Nicole Kidman, who shines as a sidekick as much as she does a leading lady.

It's a typical Sandler romance, but I'm okay with that. I love the way you watch the romance develop and there's just one part, when Aniston and Sandler have dinner with Matthews and Kidman, that makes the whole movie worth watching.

We give this movie 4 thumbs up. It is probably the funniest movie I have seen in a while. Way to go Sandler. Aniston was the most beautiful star in the movie, if you asked me too.

For more Wordful/Wordless Wednesday fun:




Live and Love...Out Loud



No comments:

Post a Comment