Sunday, April 3, 2011

Guest Post: Groovy

You met one of my blogging BFF's on Friday. Today, Sara is back with her take on the word: Groove.

Please welcome back Sara of Unofficial Mom...







When I saw my word prompt, How Stella Got Her Groove Back was the first thing that came to mind. But I am certainly no Angela Bassett as much I might like to find said groove with Taye Diggs…hello handsome. 

Ahhh…Taye…I mean…what? Where was I?

Oh right, groove. Now there probably is some of that kind of groove I should be looking for, you know with a one year old and all, but that one year old is driving the groove around these parts lately. We groove to Yo Gabba Gabba and Phineas and Ferb. We groove to The Beatles and Jimmy Buffett. We groove to Oscar the Grouch and his odes to trash. 

But more than those awesome grooves, I am starting to find my own groove. My mama groove. I have always wanted to be a mother and spent much of my working life surrounded by children, but nothing can prepare you adequately. The actuality of having a child is so much more in every way than you can possibly imagine. 

I’m still trying to find my footing with the whole working full-time and finding enough balance with my little one, but I’m getting better at it. Well, better some days. I can’t lie, there are still days when I want to kick, and cry, and hide under the covers with my sweet baby. But I can’t, and so I get up and may still kick a little, but I get up nonetheless and go to work. Then I rush home as quickly as I can so I can get my groove on. 


No comments:

Post a Comment