Monday, May 9, 2011

The Drama Mama Takes On Movies

So, here it is Monday, and Mother's Day has passed. My mother's day involved no gifts (not even a handmade card!), begging for at least hot coffee and breakfast I didn't have to make myself, and Chinese take out for dinner. I also didn't have to clean the house until after the kids went to bed, and even that was minimal, and sleep in until after noon, so all's well that ends well.

What I had really wanted to do was catch a movie. There are so many out right now that I want to see: Water for Elephants, Fast Five, Prom, Hoodwinked Too, Thor, Rio, Arthur, Something Borrowed. Instead I could content myself with something from On Demand while I still have HBO's free trial if there is nothing on Starz.

Perhaps I'll get lucky and find one of my favorite chick flicks showing. I'm always up for a tear filled Fried Green Tomatoes or Divine Secrets of the Yaya Sisterhood. Coming of age and where are they now with Now and Then. Perhaps I soak myself in the greatness of Johnny Depp with Benny & Joon or let Practical Magic cast a spell on me. Perhaps I'll catch a glimpse of Hope Floats or Home Fries. Soak up some Italy in Under the Tuscan Sun.


 I could go with a thriller if the kids weren't around. Something like From Hell, What Lies Beneath, or Instinct. Something that would chill me to the core, like Frailty, Mystic River, The Seventh Sign, or The Gift. Maybe something more supernatural perhaps like Stir of Echoes, The Grudge, Half Light, or Flatliners could be found. I'd love a good crime thriller too, especially Face/OffA Few Good Men, The Recruit, Mr. Brooks, or Taking Lives.

If I am lucky I would find a favorite crime drama like The Departed or Sleepers. A legendary superhero like The Dark Knight. Or maybe a mafia flick I can sink my teeth into like Good Fellas or Bella Mafia.


 Maybe it's set in the past like Gladiator, The Patriot, Bad Girls, or space like Armageddon or Space Cowboys.

I'm not really in the mood for a war flick, but Windtalkers, Platoon, or Pearl Harbor would work just fine.

Or maybe The Outsiders (who did not grow up dreaming of becoming Mrs. Sodapop?), St. Elmo's Fire, or even Ghost.


I know I could find a fun romantic comedy. Those always top my list. 50 First Dates, The Wedding Date, Ghosts of Girlfriends Past...good any day of the week. The Wedding Singer and anything else by Adam Sandler always catches my eye and locks me in. Monster-In-Law, Bride Wars, Wedding Crashers, and There's Something About Mary that never fails to bring laughs either.

What would make me happiest of all? Watching all 3 Lord of the Ring movies back to back, undisturbed, with lots and lots of popcorn.



Don't even get me started on music. ;)

What is your favorite movie genre and/or what are some of your favorite movies? Did you find one on my list?









No comments:

Post a Comment